This turkey meatballs recipe is super quick and easy. I like to make them on the weekend and have them throughout the week. Most of the time I eat these as soon as they come out of the oven and pair them with steamed asparagus. However, there are many ways to enjoy these.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe Serving Suggestions
- Make any day feel like Thanksgiving by serving these on a bed of mashed potatoes topped with gravy. Add some steamed vegetables on the side and you’ve got a great meal. By the way, please don’t fear potatoes (read my article on resistant starch).
- Bake some spaghetti squash and serve topped with tomato sauce and the meatballs.
- I also occasionally use these with brown rice pasta and Alfredo sauce.
- These meatballs actually work well in a large green salad, although if you are using them for salad, you may want to make the meatballs smaller.
- Make a meatball sandwich using a gluten-free roll.
- You can add these to a soup.
- My husband likes to slice them thinly and put them on his gluten-free frozen pizza.
Try Different Gluten-free Bread Crumbs
It’s good to experiment with different brands of gluten-free bread crumbs or you can make your own from your favorite bread. Here are some brands that I found work well:
- Ian’s Panko Bread Crumbs (Italian Style)
- Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Rice Crumbs
- Kikkoman Panko Style Coating (Gluten Free)
If you want to make your own bread crumbs, simply toast some bread, allow the slices to cool completely, and place in a blender with oregano and basil. You can add some Romano or Parmesan cheese as an option.Print
Terrific Turkey Meatballs Recipe: Gluten-Free and Good Any Time
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Yield: 15 meatballs 1x
1 lb. organic ground turkey (dark meat)
1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning (Simply Organic Italian Dressing Mix works well)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil (to grease the baking dish)
1/4 cup Romano cheese (0ptional)
- Mix turkey meat with the breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, Italian seasoning, and olive oil.
- Blend everything together. If you want to add cheese, mix it in after everything else.
- Wet your hands with water and make the meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a baking dish that has been greased lightly with butter or coconut oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes (depending on the size of the meatball). If you make 15 meatballs, then bake for 30 minutes. For smaller meatballs, start checking them after 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 105
- Fat: 5.7
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 8.5